Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It's 3:11 a.m. and I Can't Sleep

So instead . . .


I check my Facebook account.

I shop the Van's Web site for new kicks for Finn.

I read every single comment to the newest, and quite funny post, on finslippy.

I think about the time I vowed to never go to a mommy's group again, when I had just recovered from my hysterectomy and some mom commented about me being lucky to only have one kid.

I check my Facebook account. Again.

I listen to 30 Days of Coldplay on XMRadio--and realize maybe I don't like Coldplay that much.

I wonder if Finn will be a wedgie-er or a wedgie-ee. Or if he really has to pick a side.

I avoid thinking about Monday. And the first day of kindergarten.

I think of Monday and calculate exactly how much Kleenex I'll need.

I check my Facebook account.

I google myself.

And decide to write a blog post.

I realize that I have to be up in less than four hours for kindergarten dress rehearsal.

I wonder if it's too late to have a beer.

I wonder if we have any.

We don't.

I wonder if I can make this post into a children's story.

And I realize it's probably best to call it while I'm ahead.

And realize it may be too late for that.

No comments: