Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Weight Capsule

Today is weigh in.

Yes, I know. You suspected, perhaps even downright feared I was one of those--overly and overtly concerned with my weight. And yes, I will tell you honestly. I am.

I'd like to say I've soared above the battery of Twiggy imagery, of bounce-back from baby bodies, of supertaut arms and powerlegs. Of hollowed checks and really, really wide smiles. Not so much, no.

So I weigh in dutifully. Every Wednesday. And today the gods smiled on my scale. Down 1.5 pounds from last week.

This weight last time I was pre-baby, wondering what the rationale was behind the ginkgo tree that dropped stinky flowers on my graduate school campus, losing fistfulls of hair over my first graduate paper, and drinking like an understudy for Barfly.

Before I accrued babyfat, this weight was the biggest I had been.

So it's a little minimilestone for me. I'm happy to be here and I'll be even happier to pass it.

No comments: