Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Wherein I Launch a New Label and Use "Wherein" in My Title. Again.

Every three months, I go to the oncologist.

They have a nice fishtank there. Very clean, very polished. The fish seem to just float in it rather than swim. You really have to squint hard to figure out if there's water, if the fish are even real. I often wonder as I flip through Travel&Leisure's "25 Best Places I Can't Afford to Visit," glancing every few at that fishtank, how often they have to come out and put the Windex to it.

It's all part of the small touches of escapism that are the oncology office--fish tank, travel mags, origami opportunities (seriously, last visit their was a little origami crane competition going on)--and that are balanced out by the Surviving and Thriving class that meets on the other side of the office.

I suppose life lessons can even be found in waiting rooms. (Oo, that metaphor could just keep on going. I'll let you keep it alive.)

So far (test results pending) the visit was, in the parlance of the field, "unremarkable." Except that I'm signed up for a colonoscopy. My doc doesn't seemed concerned about it. Invasive microscoping--maybe not cause for foghorns, but really, very much not the parting gift I was hoping for.

I was thinking along the lines of lollipop.

Or even Scooby-Doo bandaid.

Not sure where they'd put that, though.

No comments: