Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Such Great Heights

I just got back from a client meeting, and decided to grab a six pack of cupcakes on my way home. You know, I was in the neighborhood and all.

Well, near enough to the neighborhood.

Okay, it wasn't that far out of my way.

Whatever, it was worth the trek across town.

Now, dear reader (well, hi there!), you already know my downright passion for the cake that comes in cups. Beskirted and besugared, what other glory can there be? (A rhetorical I should probably be careful of casting since I live pretty much under the buckle of the Bible's belt. And since I just came from a sketchy side of town. Double the double entrendre. I think I should back away now. Fast-like. New paragraph, please.)

And yet, today, I have reached new cupcake heights. The dreamsicle cupcake with cream cheese frosting. It's dreamy, it whispers of the popsicles I used to eat when I was eight, that used to drip down my freckled cheeks and down my arms and onto my Smurf socks. But the dreamsicle made manifest in a cake is fluffy, not so sticky, and comes with these little orange and yellow sprinkles.

I won't call it perfect. That would be going too far, but, I will say this:

I have licked sunshine, tasted the newly budding spring, and I'm here to tell you it's good.

No comments: