Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Sleepless

It's 2:08 a.m. and I'm still up. That's what having a bowl of tea after midnight will do to you. You know, Keep You Awake.

(Apparently, caffeine has something to do with that.)

So this, in case you were wondering, is the life of a freelancer. Stealing hours in the middle of the night, so I don't have to steal them from my child during the day. And this is also a product of taking the weekend off.

Yes, the whole weekend.

The entire weekend.

And I'm sorry, it felt real good. Even better than this caffeine high I've got going on.

Now, at 2:15 a.m., I'm finished with my project and rather spent. I'm scanning Proof of Life--the movie that ruined families! that broke up the pixie and the smile! the one where I, like Meg, fell in love with Russell Crowe! and the same film where Meg and Russ have no believable onscreen chemistry whatsoever because, well, I suppose because they were so believable offscreen!--all because the other 1,500 channels I have on my digital cable (only like 2 of which are HD) are dedicated to helping me make money off of newspaper ads while I finally get my washboard abs that I've been asking for every Christmas.

Where's my phone?

No comments: